Seriously though, so much has happened since my last post and I feel like there is not enough time to adequately put to words all our experiences, but I will regret if there is nothing, so here goes nothing!
For father's day we
gave John socks chocolate chip cookies, and some of his favorite treats.
We are very grateful for him, and he has been working so hard in his
new position as a nurse.


The 4th of July we went to a neighborhood
breakfast with my parents and then had a Bbq over at the Southwick's. It
was nice that John had work off! We traveled a lot during the month of July,
enjoying a trip up to Idaho for John's cousin, Michael's wedding, a trip to Boise for
the Southwick family reunion, promptly followed by a trip to park city for DuPaix
family reunion! The kids were great in the car and we only had one malfunction when the car overheated in Twin Falls. Luckily we were in the city when it happened!! We
also successfully kept Calvin a secret from John's brother Kyle who was serving a mission in Hawaii. Kyle found
out he was an Uncle again when we picked him up at the airport in
Boise! John asked him if he could name all the grand-kids and was holding
Calvin at the time. So naturally Kyle looked and pointed at Calvin and
said "Jenny's son" to which John pointed over to the correct child and said, "no
that's Jenny's son." Kyle then had a good long stare at Calvin and said
"Who's this?" To which John said, "This is my baby, Calvin!" And Kyle
said, "You had a baby?!?" It was pretty funny to watch, but I'm not sure
how funny Kyle thought it was ;) Deja's favorite part of the trip was
probably playing with cousins non stop, fun kids crafts, and the bounce houses. I was also able to sneak away to see our good friends Skye and Michelle perform as the leads in the Scarlet Pimpernel. They were both phenomenal :)






 |
| John and Brian singing "I'm not crying" for the talent show! |
In between
our reunions we had a fun Hawaiian themed party for Kyle and blessed
Calvin on Pioneer Day. It was a nice day were everyone finally heard
Calvin's secret middle name, "Henry." Wayne was nice enough to let us
host a luncheon in his back yard afterwards and it was perfect :)
Park
city we enjoyed shopping, swimming, playing games, yummy food and
spending more time with cousins! Besides all of those things, Deja's
favorite part was the Arcade haha. Our least favorite part of the trip
was when Deja and I got a bad stomach bug :( trying to teach her how to
throw up and not swallow anything back down was so hard emotionally to
deal with. I'm so grateful John was there to help us. Because of our
sickness, the kids and I were only able to make it to Kyle's talk and didn't make it over to the house afterwards.
 |
| We went to a sock shop, so naturally I had to get John's picture with all the socks ;) |
 |
| My mom stitched together this cute quilt for Calvin!! I love the colors and design :) |
Also, John's Dad got married!! The wedding took place in their backyard and it turned out to be a really nice day :)
 |
| Getting a real smile out of Deja has been a struggle lately, so I'm loving her in this photo! |
No comments:
Post a Comment