Friday, March 25, 2016

Kids

I said something to John the other day about our "Kids" and it kind of blew me away.  We will soon be parents of 2!!  So I should probably give a shout out about both while I'm on here.

I've been awful at documenting this pregnancy and I feel bad about that, so lets do some catching up!  I think part of the reason I've been so neglectful of saying too much is because we are trying to keep it a secret from John's little brother who is on a mission and gets home about a month after the baby is due.  We think it'll be funny because he's going to be so overwhelmed with remembering who all the nieces and nephews are already, that throwing a new one in the mix will just be the cherry on top of the entire reacquainting situation haha.


Anyway, back in January we found out that we are having a boy!!!  Everything looked great in the ultra sound which is always good news.  His femur's are also measuring a week early just like Dej'a did, so I thought that was fun :)  This pregnancy I have been a little more nauseous.  Luckily I only threw up twice during the first trimester, but have felt amazing ever since the second trimester started.  I have had to wear a compression sock for my left ankle, but I wasn't surprised about that, since it was the same with Deja.  Once my second trimester started, my cravings made a drastic change to wanting sugar all the time!!!!  Cookies, donuts, candy.  You name it, I want it...  That's how it still is right now, poor John has to deal with sweets being in the house all the time.

Both pictures were during week 28!
I'm currently 29 1/2 weeks and can't believe I'm almost down to 10 more. When the weather permits, I've been trying to take walks to get some exercise in and Deja helps me be pretty active too!  Speaking of active, this baby is a MOVER.  He is constantly kicking and punching my insides, especially at night time!  It makes me a little nervous about having a boy, because Deja has always been relatively mellow and easy going.  Hopefully when he gets out he'll be more relaxed, but if not, we'll learn ;)  At most of my appointments they've been telling me I'm measuring slightly ahead, so maybe this baby will come sooner than expected, but I really want a June Birthday for him!!

Crayons and a box! Who could ask for anything more?
Deja just passed her 2 and 1/2 year mark, which blows my mind.  I can't believe I'll have a 3 year old in 6 months.  Here are some fun facts that I want to remember about her being this age!

  • I would like to say she has the potty thing down, but she still has her slip ups about once a week.  Thankfully they're almost always less than a teaspoon of #1 and she makes it to the potty to get the majority out ;)  I've been having a hard time knowing when to prompt, and when to not, to help her learn that she has to listen to her body!!!  I just hate seeing her fail, which I'm sure is common for most parents haha.
DQ free cone day
  • We had a funny conversation the other day while she was on the potty that went something like this.
    • *Deja Toots*
    • Deja- "Whoa, that was loud!"
    • Me- "That's ok, sometimes toots are loud, you're fine"
    • Deja- "No, that was really loud!"
    • Me- "Well are you ok?
    • Deja- "It hurt my ears."
    • Me- "Well hopefully they'll be ok..." I was trying so hard not to laugh!! 
Getting better at braiding!!
  • She is still thouroughly obsessed with Daniel Tiger if you didn't catch that from the last story about things being too loud ;)  She also loves walking backwards like Miss Elaina!  I don't think this is a Daniel Tiger thing, but sometimes she'll experiment with closing her eyes and walking around the house by just touching things to find her way.  Whatever works ;)

  • We talk about "Baby Calvin" (which will most likely be his name) who is growing in Momma's belly.  She loves saying hi to him and giving him hugs and kisses.  The other day she was playing with a stuffed animal and I asked her what the animal's name was and she said, "Uh....Calvin"  Hmm I wonder where she got that from ;)  

  • Since we live in a basement apartment it's not uncommon for me to talk about things that are "Aunt Carolyn's"  like her upstairs, her backyard, some of her possessions, etc.  I think because of this, Deja has started referring to her stuff as "mine's" and opposed to "mine."  It's one of those things I should help her correct, but right now I just think it's cute/funny.  Also the fact that she still calls her sippy cup her pippy cup, haha.  

  • The battle of wanting your kids to grow up and be independent and yet never grow up and stay exactly the way they are forever is real.  Deja has been Miss Independent for the past couple months.  Sometimes in order to get her to do certain things all I have to say is, "Can you do it?  Or does mom need to do it?"  and that's enough to get her to do whatever it is on her own!!
Trying on Mom's Maternity clothes ;)
  • Another odd thing she had been doing lately is asking me if she can do things she already knows are inappropriate, or that the answer is obviously "no."  For example, "Can I hit you?"  I don't know if she just likes my reaction/explanation of "No, that would be so mean, and we need to be so nice to each other!" or she does it for my attention or it's her way of making conversation?  Who knows.  At least she asks and doesn't just do!!  Here are some things she has asked me this week, "Can I jump on you?" "Can I eat the apple seeds?" "Can I kick you?" "Can I climb on you?" "Can I stand on the toilet?" and my favorite, "Can I bite your arm?"....so oddly specific... and also mostly violent... strange girl.

  • When she says good night to Dad she often feels the scruff on his face from not shaving that day, or the smoothness of his face from when he has shaved.  She calls his hair "dad's ouchies" probably because they poke her when she kisses him goodnight ;)  With John being crazy busy between school, work, and his capstone the last couple weeks, shaving became more and more scarce.  So one Sunday after shaving they were having a long conversation that he had shaved and his ouchies were gone.  It had been about a week since his last shave so when he was finished he picked her up and let her feel his face as they talked.  Anyway, later that day at church, specifically during the Sacrament, Deja was sitting on my lap, facing me, and oh so lovingly caressing my cheek, when she loudly asks me, "Momma, you shave?"  It took all I had to not lose it during the spiritual quietness of the meeting.  Once I had it under control, I explained to her that Momma doesn't have to shave, hahahaha.  Then later in the car on the way home, Deja was feeling her own cheeks and say, "I shave!!"  Too funny.  Kids are great!        
Birthday Party Easter Egg Hunt!!

Deja got worn out ;)
j/k really she just loves planking different places like this, and stairs

We love both our Kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment