Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Our One Year Old!

The weekend before Deja's B-day, my sister Becca came to town and we just had to get a picture of these two little cousins in their matching P.J.'s!  They are almost exactly 6 months apart.
Best Buds!
(The day before her birthday)
We decided to go to Cafe Rio for a special Birthday Dinner with Deja.
(To be honest it was probably more John and I celebrating the fact that we survived our fist year of Parenthood,
but Deja definitely enjoyed her first Quesadilla!)
We went back and forth about how we wanted to celebrate Deja's Birthday.  John and I are both big birthday people so we knew we wanted a party with more than the 3 of us doing it on our own.  So...  We threw 2 parties!  Haha one with the Southwick's and one with the DuPaix's!  For both parties we had red velvet cake and ice cream.  We also had a quiz all about the first year of Deja's life.  It was super low key and we had a good time.  

 At the Southwick Party we gave Deja her own ice cream, which she enjoyed for the first couple minutes, but then I think it was making her too cold, so we decided to call it good.




John and I gave Deja a new car seat for her birthday.  She also got a little photo album and
some cards and toys from her cousins :)
I thought it was pretty hilarious that she turned her bib into a cup holder so I grabbed my camera to take a picture,
she wanted to make it even more hilarious by sticking her finger up her nose.
Deja opening a present from Grandma and Grandpa DuPaix!
(It was two little outfits but she was more interested in the tissue paper)
The DuPaix party was pretty much a replica of the Southwick party, except we gave Deja 
cake instead of ice cream!

 So here are a whole slew of pictures of Deja eating her Cake.   She loved it and was going at it for a good 10-15 minutes before she decided to crawl away :)








And to finish things off here are some things about the birthday girl
  • She loves throwing herself on top of blankets and pillows, it's pretty amusing to watch.
  • At her 1 year appointment she weighed 21.5 lbs (59%) and was 28.8 inches (41%).
  • She has started to “Dance” by shaking her head and body back and forth when she hears music or sometimes when we sing to her.
  • She is often trying to put on my shirts (or any article of clothing) over her head in an attempt to wear them.  However, usually she gets stuck trying to get her head through the sleeve, haha.  Clothes are confusing.
  • She took her first step on 8/28/14.  On her birthday she could take 3-4 steps and her current record is 6-7 steps :)
  • She was getting better at following directions and when I would sternly say her name she would hurry and turn away from whatever she was doing... too bad that only lasted a couple weeks :(
  • Sometimes when she’s crawling she’ll put books or paper under her hands and slide around the carpet and it’s just adorable.  I also always have to laugh when I catch her crawling around with an entire graham cracker sticking out of her mouth. (Apparently she couldn't finish the cracker before something more interesting caught her eye that she just had to get to.)  What can I say, she's resourceful?
  • One of her current favorite songs is the Itsy-bitsy Spider
  • She can bark like a dog and say "uh-oh."
  • I can't remember if I've mentioned this, but she is SUPER ticklish just like her momma :)
It has been such a fantastic year getting to know this little angel.  I can't wait for more birthdays to come and to watch her learn and grow even more!


No comments:

Post a Comment