Monday, September 5, 2011

Quotes I try and live by:


While moving I found a stack of inspirational quotes I had hanging in my room at college.  As not to lose these babies again I figured I could add ‘em to the blog to look back on.  I tried to document who originally said them, but for the most part I at least wrote where I heard them for the first time.  Enjoy! 
  • “Self-interest is always in the race.” –Anderson (My public speaking teacher)
  • “Endure joyfully to the end”
  • “Ability is what you’re capable of doing, Motivation determines what you do, Attitude determines how well you do it.” –Lou Holts
  • “The best source of self-esteem is Service and Caring for Others” (Courtship and Marriage)
  • “It’s not how smart, rich, or beautiful you are, It’ how you make others feel when you are with them.” (Courtship and Marriage)
  • “Sadness, heartache, and disappointment are events in life.  It is not intended that they be the substance of life.”  –Richard G. Scott
  • “When Criticized see if it’s true.  If so change it, if not ignore it.” (Courtship and Marriage)
  •  “Before speaking ask yourself: Is it kind?  Is it true? Is it necessary?” (Courtship and Marriage) 
  •  “When we want to speak to God, we pray.  And when we want Him to speak to us we search the scriptures.” –Robert D. Hales
  • “Will it meet my needs over time?” (Courtship and Marriage)
  • “To all of you who think you are lost or without hope, or who think you have done too much that was too wrong for too long… this conference calls out Jehovah’s unrelenting refrain.  [My] hand is stretched out still.” –Jeffrey R. Holland
  •  “Don’t try and find the right one, Try to Be the right one.” –Bro. Fife
  • “You can’t save a drowning person, if you are treading water.”
  • “Seek to console, love, and understand rather than receive such.” (Courtship and Marriage)
  •  “Under promise, Over deliver” (BADD Club)
  • “Let selflessness dominate your actions” (Courtship and Marriage)
  • “Treat individuals as if they’re having the worst day of their life.” (Rappin’ ’09)
  •  “People don’t care what you know, until they know how much you care.” (Danny)
  •  “Good things never happen fast!” (overheard someone say that on their cell phone on campus haha) 

P.S. A real blog is coming soon 

No comments:

Post a Comment